our core purpose
To be the safest and most respected transportation service provider in the world.
our core values
Employees of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. subsidiaries are part of a legacy that is more than 100 years old. Over that history, the company has developed a tradition of excellence and integrity. Employees of G&W subsidiaries are directly empowered to uphold that reputation by helping to carry out the company's Core Purpose and realize its Core Values.
Why Work for a Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Subsidiary?
- The number-one priority is safety.
- The company has a history of consistent, long-term growth.
- With 120 railroads in North America, Europe and Australia, there are extensive opportunities for learning and personal growth.
The Ideal Candidate
As railroading requires a willingness to spend significant time outdoors in often challenging conditions, candidates should be flexible, willing to learn and travel, and able to perform multiple tasks while remaining focused on safety and efficiency.
- Career opportunities are diverse. Typical positions available include:
- Locomotive Engineer
- Equipment Operator
- Track Laborer
- Structural Engineer
- Utility Coal Operator
- Locomotive Electrician
- Diesel Mechanic
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Spending Account
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Railroad Retirement
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Start your search today on our Job Board.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.