Most of G&W’s North American railroads offer storage capabilities for customers’ unused railcars. Our connections with Class I partners, as well as the option to group cars by specified categories, enable fluid movement across our footprint.
Benefits to using the company’s railroads for railcar storage:
- Safety-focused operations to ensure that your assets remain in good condition
- Extensive coverage across the U.S. with railroad operations in 39 states
- Interchanges with all Class I railroads
- Competitive rates
- Flexible terms and service
- Single point of contact to help you find the best storage location based on your needs
North American railroads
States operated in
Customer Success Stories
COVID’s crippling impact on the economy forced many railcar owners to seek storage space at levels rarely seen – to the tune of 390,000 cars stored across North America’s rail-freight network by the end of March 2020. Determined to make the best of an unprecedented situation and support its customers, G&W’s Kyle Railroad (KYLE) devised a plan that leveraged its 550-mile footprint across Kansas and eastern Colorado to satisfy the demand and help keep the rail industry’s network fluid.