Most of G&W’s North American railroads offer storage capabilities for customers’ unused railcars. Our connections with Class I partners, as well as the option to group cars by specified categories, enable fluid movement across our footprint.
Benefits to using the company’s railroads for railcar storage:
- Safety-focused operations to ensure that your assets remain in good condition
- Extensive coverage across the U.S. with railroad operations in 39 states
- Interchanges with all Class I railroads
- Competitive rates
- Flexible terms and service
- Single point of contact to help you find the best storage location based on your needs
At a glance
North American railroads
States operated in
Customer Success Stories
COVID’s crippling impact on the economy forced many railcar owners to seek storage space at levels rarely seen – to the tune of 390,000 cars stored across North America’s rail-freight network by the end of March 2020. Determined to make the best of an unprecedented situation and support its customers, G&W’s Kyle Railroad (KYLE) devised a plan that leveraged its 550-mile footprint across Kansas and eastern Colorado to satisfy the demand and help keep the rail industry’s network fluid.