Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd operates and manages the railway network and infrastructure in South Australia except for the metropolitan broad gauge network and the ARTC main lines to Melbourne, Perth and between Crystal Brooke and Sydney. Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd also manages some yards and sidings attached to the ARTC main lines.
Under the Railways (Operations and Access) Act 1997 (SA) (the Act) and additional information provided by the Essential Services Commission of South Australia (ESCOSA) the rights and responsibilities of above-rail operators as access seekers and the below-rail service provider as the access provider are set out, covering matters such as the negotiation process, dispute resolution, and terms and conditions of access. Additional data is provided via the links below by GWA to assist access seekers in their deliberations.
The railway lines, yards and sidings that Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd operates and manages are listed below.
Access can be provided to:
- Pinnaroo standard gauge railway line (status open but not currently in use)
- Loxton standard gauge railway line (status open but not currently in use)
- Apamurra standard gauge line (status dormant).
- Barossa broad gauge railway line (status open but not currently in use)
- Mid North broad gauge railway network (status dormant)
- Eyre Peninsula narrow gauge railway network (status active)
- Major yards (all active): Whyalla standard gauge yard, Port Augusta standard gauge yard, Port Pirie standard gauge yard, Dry Creek North standard gauge railway yard, Dry Creek South broad and standard gauge railway yard, Port Flat standard gauge railway yard (note does not include Gillman Intermodal Railway Yard), Tailem Bend standard gauge railway yard.
- Mainline northern sidings (all active but require a pre-access inspection): Mallala (goods siding only), Long Plains, Bowmans (goods siding and grain loading loop, Nantawarra, Snowtown, Redhill, Crystal Brook, Gladstone, Caltowie, Jamestown, Yongola.
- Mainline southern sidings (all active but require a pre-access inspection): Wolseley, Bordertown, Wirrega, Keith, Tintinara, Coonalpyn, Coomandook, Tailem Bend Goods Siding, Murray Bridge, Monarto South.
- Access to railway lines and yards, does not include access to intermodal yards, yard loading facilities and hardstand. For access to these areas please contact GWA Director of Intermodal Marketing & Business Development on (08) 8343 5415.
- Access to the broad gauge metropolitan network is not the responsibility of Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd.
- Access to Mainline sidings which are owned by ARTC but managed by Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) may also require a “Goods Siding Access Agreement” to be signed as well as GWA documentation.
Company and Access Contact Information
Access Provider: Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd
ABN Number: 17 079 444 296
Company Address: Level 3, 33 Richmond Road, Keswick, SA, 5053
Mailing Address: PO Box 309, Marleston DC, SA, 5033
Responsible Person for Access Information/Requests: Paul Hollitt, Access & Property Manager
Contact phone number: (08) 8343 5441
Mobile Number: 0419 833 165
Email Address for Access information/requests: PropertyAccess@gwrr.com
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd Regulatory (COMING SOON)
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd Operational Track
Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd General Information