Whether you’re new to rail or expanding your current rail infrastructure, G&W’s Industrial Development team can provide the best rail design to meet customers’ needs and expedite the process to provide a quicker return on investment.
Benefits of Using Our Rail Design Expertise
- We have the right tools and experience to get customers to market sooner and with fewer concerns.
- We can propose track concepts that meet your logistics needs.
- We can also offer an engineer’s estimate if a construction budget is desired.
- We use current and appropriate railroad specifications throughout the design process to keep the project in compliance.
- We work with both railroad operations and G&W’s regional engineering teams to manage the project timeline.
Track Design Examples
Customer Success Stories
COVID’s crippling impact on the economy forced many railcar owners to seek storage space at levels rarely seen – to the tune of 390,000 cars stored across North America’s rail-freight network by the end of March 2020. Determined to make the best of an unprecedented situation and support its customers, G&W’s Kyle Railroad (KYLE) devised a plan that leveraged its 550-mile footprint across Kansas and eastern Colorado to satisfy the demand and help keep the rail industry’s network fluid.
On May 30, 2014, the newly created Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad (RCPE) completed its purchase of the west end of the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern (DM&E West) rail line. That evening, the 670-mile line, which runs from western Minnesota across South Dakota and into northern Nebraska and western Wyoming, shut down. On June 1, following 24 hours of safety training and orientation, the 177 newly hired employees commenced freight service on the RCPE.
When Sweetener Supply Corp., a Brookfield, Illinois-based manufacturer and marketer of food-grade ingredients, identified a need for a new production facility, it chose a site along G&W’s Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway (TPW) in White County, Indiana.