Rail Link, Inc. has distinguished itself in serving two
specialized markets: coal mines and utility operations. Rail Link’s
extensive operations in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming and the
surrounding area provide coal mines with unit train coordination
combined with unit train inspection and loading services. In
conjunction with this service, Rail Link, Inc. maintains a base of
employees in the BNSF’s Ft. Worth, Tex. dispatching center, who
coordinate with both Union Pacific and BNSF to expedite train
service on the PRB’s joint line. We also offer a full-service
package for utilities, which can include train coordination, car
inspections, unloading and other related logistic services.
With Rail Link, Inc., safety is our top priority, and customers
are the focus of our operating efforts. We view ourselves as
invited guests at our customers’ plants and mines and promote a
culture of safety that encourages our employees to work safely at
all times. We listen carefully to what our customers say is
important to them and work hard to develop creative, flexible
logistics packages that address the individualized service needs of
each facility. We want to be our customers’ RAIL LINK TO THE WORLD.
We offer a number of advantages not readily available in our
industry. The following is a brief summary of some of the many
benefits we offer:
- Rail Link has been providing industrial switching services for
over 20 years.
- We have switching operations in 12 states employing over 500
- Rail Link has one of the best safety records in the
- We are familiar with all FRA, MSHA and OSHA requirements.
- We maintain our locomotives according to FRA guidelines.
- All our employees receive ongoing Hazmat and DOT training.
- We measure locomotive reliability. Our goal is a 98% in-service
Quality People – Quality Service
- We have the best wage / benefit package in our industry. This
allows us to attract and retain qualified employees.
- Our training program for new hires is a minimum of 120 hours of
documented classroom and “on the job” (one-on-one) training.
- We have the Awards for Operating Excellence Program to provide
an incentive for our employees to work safely; twice a year cash
bonuses are paid for working safely under this program.
- Rules tests are conducted twice a year and a site audit is
conducted to make sure our employees maintain good housekeeping
Rail Link Vision Statement
When you walk onto a Rail Link property, the office is clean,
orderly and equipped for the job. The operation is staffed by
a manager who leads through example and encourages teamwork and
professionalism from all employees. The manager has created
an environment of openness and trust, and everyone working at this
operation has a positive attitude and knows that we care about
In return, everyone understands the importance of working safely
and meeting the customer requirements. Each day they report
to work on time; neat, clean and properly uniformed. Rule
compliance is 100% and job competence is displayed by all.